Penplusbytes, a leader in new media and innovations; mining, oil and gas and the use of new digital technologies to promote good governance and democracy, is pleased to share the under-listed job opportunities with you and your community members.
Penplusbytes seeks a Policy Analyst to support roll out of projects under its Extractives program.
Position Title: Policy Analyst (Extractives)
Position Number: PPB20162
Announcement Date: 29th August 2017
Deadline for applications: Rolling basis until position is filled
Position Start Date: Immediate
Job Location: Greater Accra, Ghana with occasional travels
Job Aim: The Policy Analyst primarily provides insights, advice for Extractives department. Working under the direction of the Director of Programmes, the role will lead in producing robust research backed projects, be responsible for overseeing the management of department information and knowledge resourcees and identifying research project and partnership opportunities. The role will also be responsible for organising and hosting national and regional events on Oil and Gas as well as engaging and mobilising citizens around oil, gas and mining issues in our advocacy drive.
- Lead in data collection, data analysis and interpretation and present data to a variety of audiences.
- Interface with multiple levels of the organization and external entities to discuss project related outputs and technology.
- Decide on the methodology and techniques for conducting research.
- Review research related fieldwork, validate collected data and communicate across various research constituencies
- Maintain working relationship with key partners and provide skilled services to our community.
- Develop a dynamic database of partners for identifying project and partnership opportunities
- Organise and host national and regional events on extractives
- Produce a body of research for publications about the sector.
- Oversee the maintenance of online, mobile and social media assets.
- Analyse and discuss the potential risks/benefits involved in using specified technology solutions to address project requirements.
- Ensure Penplusbytes extractive sector work is highlighted in the media monthly.
- Design and implement framework for measuring program impact and results.
- Develop and distribute regular sector updates and insights.
- Develop and implement strategies for social, online and mobile audience engagement.
- Coordinate online forums and discussions on selected topics periodically.
- Provide resource base and aid in business development/sustainability drives
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to be flexible and effectively manage priorities, multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain organisational confidentiality which includes, but is not limited to, information about partnership deals, research findings and project ideas.
Qualifications for this position include:
- in Economics OR an LLM is preferred. Relevant qualifications will be considered.
- 2 years of working in similar roles.
- Ability to generate thorough and completed research products that may require only minor revisions and/or editing.
- Highly professional and reliable, able to work independently and without close supervision while adhering to strict deadlines.
- Technology savvy with experience and knowledge of citizens’ engagement
- A successful track record in setting priorities; organization and problem solving skills which support timely research output generation.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Goal-oriented, continuously seeks new ways to achieve a desired outcome.
- Exceptional team player and ability to multi task
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of ensuring greater citizens participation in governance process
To apply for this position, send your resume and a cover letter that clearly discusses your experience and its applicability to the position to email@example.com . Click here http://ow.ly/Bypp30eKzm7 to complete supporting online form.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We thank all applicants.
Internship Program at Penplusbytes
Our Internship Program provides opportunities to inspire young journalists, new media, information and computer science students to work in all areas of the Institute. Interns are assigned to a senior staff member who will mentor the intern over the duration of their internship. In addition to core areas, administrative positions internships are also available.
To apply for internship send a cover letter, your profile and motivation statement about how internship will make a difference in your professional growth and development to firstname.lastname@example.org