RSVP for March 10th Technology Salon Accra
How can ICTs support Productivity in Ghana’s Agricultural sector?
Accra, Ghana – March 10th – RSVP Now
Agriculture plays a very important role in the social and economic development of most countries and Ghana is not an exception. The achievement of agricultural development in the 21st century has however depended on the wide use of information and communication technology (ICT). This includes the use of computers, internet, geographical information systems (GIS), mobile phones, as well as traditional media such as radio or TV.
Technology has become important due to the growing demand for higher quality products and competitive pricing statistics indicate that the use of ICT tools enhances agricultural production by increasing the efficiency, productivity and sustainability of small scale farms.
Please RSVP now to join key actors and other stakeholders within the Agriculture and Technology space in Ghana at the next Technology Salon Accra. We will take an expository dive into how technology can boost the quality and general development of Ghana’s Agricultural sector as we attempt to address questions such as:
- Is ICT the antidote to ensuring sustained Agricultural productivity in Ghana?
- What potentials does ICT hold in Ghana’s Agriculture development?
- Has there been local success stories in ICTs application in Agriculture in Ghana?
- What are the types of ICT solutions available?
- What are some of the emerging ICTs and their application in agriculture?
- What are some of the easily identifiable gaps that could be fixed by Technology?
- What are the challenges so far faced and anticipated in ICTs deployment in agriculture?
- How do we mitigate these challenges using technology?
Our key thought leaders for this session are:
We’ll have hot coffee and catered breakfast treats for a morning rush, but seating is limited. Please RSVP now as once we reach our 35-person capacity there will be a waiting list!
Thursday, March 10th, 2016
8:30am – 10:30 a.m.
New Media Hub at Penplusbytes
No.1 Ostwe Close, Ako Adjei, Osu,
Accra, Ghana (map)
RSVP is required for attendance
About the Technology Salon
The Technology Salon™ is an intimate, informal, and in-person, discussion between information and communication technology experts and international development professionals, with a focus on both:
- technology’s impact on donor-sponsored technical assistance delivery, and
- private enterprise driven economic development, facilitated by technology.
Our meetings are lively conversations, not boring presentations. Attendance is capped at 35 people – and frank participation with ideas, opinions, and predictions is actively encouraged.
It’s also a great opportunity to meet others motivated to employ technology to solve vexing development problems. Join us today!